Members of the CDC staff regularly speak and participate at conferences throughout Europe in addition to publishing articles in competition law related journals.
Topics which the CDC team frequently addresses include issues surrounding ‘private enforcement of competition law’, and ‘quantification of cartel damages’.
Keep an eye on CDC’s Twitter account for upcoming conferences CDC staff will be participating at.
If you or your association is organising a conference or seminar that is concerning the private enforcement of competition law in the near future, we would be happy to participate. Please click here to contact us.
- Dr Till Schreiber will be participating in a panel discussion on 12 May 2017 in Amsterdam at the conference entitled ‘Economic Evidence in Competition Law and the Future of the More Economic Approach‘.
- Dr Till Schreiber will be making the keynote address at the conference on ‘EU competition law and the new private enforcement regime’ in Uppsala, Sweden on 13 June 2017.
- Dr Till Schreiber will be speaking at the third edition of the Trento Summer School on Advanced EU Competition Law & Economics on 24 June 2017.
- Vasil Savov spoke at a conference in Paris on 10 March 2017 concerning the implementation of the Directive into French law.
- Jakob Rüggeberg spoke speaking at a seminar on ‘compensation of damages arising out of cartels’ in Valencia, Spain on 11 March 2017.
- Dr Till Schreiber spoke at a conference on private enforcement of competition law in Brussels on 27 February 2017.
- Dr Martin Seegers spoke at a seminar on European competition law in Budapest on 24/25 February 2017.
- Dr Carsten Krüger spoke at the European Competition Day in Bratislava on 23 November 2016.
- Dr Till Schreiber participated in a panel discussion at the ILEX inaugural conference on 24 November 2016.
- Dr Martin Seegers spoke at a Global Competition Litigation seminar in Paris on 25 November 2016.
- Dr Till Schreiber recently participated in a panel discussion on litigation funding in relation to antitrust damage claims at the Madrid Bar Association. Please click here to read a recent article about the discussion.
Recent Publications by CDC
- Presentation made by Dr Ulrich Classen in Mannheim on Friday 11 November 2016 at the MaCCI Law and Economics Conference on ‘Cartel Damages in Europe: The New Framework after the Directive‘.
- CDC’s contribution to the implementation of the EU Directive on Damage Actions (in English).
- CDC’s contribution to the implementation of the EU Directive on Damage Actions (in German).
- Presentation made by Dr Ulrich Classen at the 60th UIA Annual Congress in Budapest on 30 October 2016.
- Vasil Savov, Ben Bornemann & Dr Till Schreiber, ‘The Calculation Of Interest On Antitrust Damages‘, Comp Law Blog
- Dr Danilo Samà, ‘Cartel Detection and Collusion Screening: An Empirical Analysis of the London Metal Exchange’, in Kovač, M., Vandenberghe, A.S. (eds.), ‘Economic Evidence in EU Competition Law’, European Studies in Law and Economics, Vol. 18, Intersentia Ltd., Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Dr Till Schreiber, ‘Antitrust Damage Claims – Turning A Burden Into Valuable Assets‘, CompLaw Blog
- Dr Till Schreiber, Dr Martin Seegers, ‘The EU Directive on Antitrust Damage Actions and the Role of Bundling Claims by Assignment‘, CPI Antitrust Chronicle February 2015 (2)
- Dr Till Schreiber, Vasil Savov, ‘Kone v Commission: Umbrella Damages Claims‘, Journal of European Competition Law & Practice
- Dr Martin Seegers, Interaction of the Rules on Joint and Several Liability and Settlements under the EU Directive on Damage Actions, Global Competition Litigation Review 2014, Volume 3
- Dr Till Schreiber, Mick Smith, ‘The Case for Building Antitrust Damage Claims by Assignment‘, Competition Law Journal no. 03, 2014